Monday, March 23, 2009

The Decline of Dating. The Forgotten Courtesies.

After dating a whole crapload of dirtballs I was compelled to write a list of 
things that I feel that should be common sense, and that many (not all)
 guys have forgotten or for some reason, that is beyond me, have never
 learned...

If you have Second Week Syndrome, tendencies to Chop and Drop or
 Cali Syndrome, don't even talk to me. 

DO NOT be late. Enough said.

If you are asking me on a date then you should be the one to pick
 me up. Don't ask me to meet you at your house, or at some other 
location. Be a man, wear the pants, and pick me up at my place. 

You had better come to my door to pick me up. If you don't want to
 come to my door cause you are scared to meet who I live with then you
 might as well just go back home. If my brother doesn't like you then you
 don't stand a chance anyways.

If you have asked me on a date then you very well better have had 
something planned. When you show up at my door asking me what 
I want to do it tells me that you could not care less how the date
 goes. I have obviously impressed you enough for you to ask me on 
a date, now it is your turn to impress me.

Let me know ahead of time what you have planned for the date.
 I don't like constantly wondering when you are going to show up at
 my door or if what I am wearing is going to work for that date. It's 
rude and if you don't let me know then I will probably assume that 
you don't care and we are not going. 

Open my doors. It is a simple gesture that says a lot.

Keep your language clean all the time, not just when I am around.
 It is such a turn off to hear a guy drop vulgar language. It also makes
 me very uncomfortable.

Do not make fun of other people. It makes me think that you either
 have nothing intelligent or of worth to say or that you are just a flat
 out jerk. There is nothing more refreshing than being with a guy who
 can find the good even in the worst of people.

Just because I let you kiss me does not mean that I gave you permission
 to put your hands wherever you want. Keep your hands where they
 belong. If you really respect and care about me, or have any respect
 for women at all, you would want to keep me as clean as possible. 
Remember that you are taking someone's daughter out. Do not do 
anything to me that you would not want some boy to do to the 
daughter that you will have one day.

Anticipation is everything. Do not try to kiss me too early. I want to
 get to know you and I want to know that you like me for me not just
 for action. When you kiss someone a whole new set of feelings is
 stepping in and if it comes in to early then it will begin to cloud good
 judgement. It becomes hard to decipher if you are having feelings for
 them because you really like them or if it is cause you enjoy kissing 
them. Also if you make the move too early it makes me question
 your motives and your character. Make me crave a kiss from you,
 waiting for it makes it all that much better. And I will respect you
 for respecting me.

It is sad that I have to say it and that it is not already common sense
 but, once you have kissed me, my friends are off limits. 

When I say that I don't like to be tickled, I mean it.  I am laughing
because you are tickling me, not because I want you to continue it. 

I swear the next guy that trys to kiss me during a movie, I am 
going to slap right across the face. 

No means no. It does not mean maybe, yes, or ask me again. 

To the guys that hold and honor their preisthood, Thank You. You have
 no idea how comforting it is to be with a guy who you know if anything
 were to happen to you he could give you a blessing on the spot. And
 also to know that he is not going to do anything that will make you
 have to stick up for your morals. 

Ever heard the phrase leave things better than you found them?
 The same applies to dating. It would be so refreshing for once to 
go out on a date and have a the guy bring me home feeling like I 
was a better person for getting the opportunity to go on a date 
with him. 

Do not just drop me off on the street like I am a cheap jug of milk.
 Girls do not like it when you sit in your car and stare at them 
walking into their house. It's just creepy. Get your butt out of the
 car and walk me to my door.

No comments:

Post a Comment