Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Save Point

"I love you Mom."

That was the last text I thought I would ever send. That was about thirty minutes before I signed what I considered to be my death certificate which stated that I understood the risks of what I was about to do, or at least I thought that is what it said. I will admit I didn't really read the paper because my mind was elsewhere. I wouldn't say that jumping out of an airplane was one of the smartest things I have done, but I would say that it was probably the most fun. It was SO out of my character. Skydiving was always something that I thought was so stupid and I said a million times that I would never do it.

It's weird because something funny happens after you graduate college.

I felt like the world was at my feet.
I felt invincible.
I felt like I had absolutely nothing to loose.


It is what I call a save point in life (a point in life where you feel like if you died it would be alright because you feel like it would be a convenient place to end.) Its like reading a book, nobody likes to stop reading in the middle of a chapter and graduating college was the end of a chapter for me so...

*Graduating College= Save Point (*unless you are married or pregnant)
**Please note I was not suicidal or depressed or crazy...well maybe a little bit crazy. It is just that it is amazing what you will do when you have nothing holding you back. Also I think my logic was that if I could graduate from the University of Utah then I could do anything.



So what better thing to do at a save point than to make as many stupid decisions as possible? I personally can't think of many things that are more stupid then willingly jumping out of an airplane, so I did it.


Jumping out of that plane was one of the best things I have ever done. It taught me many things but the main two were

1. Never say never because you will always end up doing things you never thought you would.
2. Don't let anything hold you back, especially fear. Sometimes you have to feel the fear and do it anyways.

July 21, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment