Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Lindsey Miss Josh


Josh (Nicole's younger brother) who I have adopted as my little brother, left on his mission this Wednesday.  
September 7, 2011

He was going to be ordained as an Elder on Tuesday night, so I went over on Monday to see him before he was set apart.  It was really hard knowing that it would be the last time that I would get to hug him for two years.  Josh was so sweet.  I started to cry and he wiped away my tears, gave me a kiss on the forehead and started to sing to me part of "Stay With Me" by Josh Gracin.  

On Tuesday night, after he got set apart Nick, Shawn, and I went to visit him for the last time.  We decided to bring a pinata.  It was a bittersweet night.  


(One of the things I will miss most about Josh is is hugs. He will never let you leave without giving him a "proper goodbye". )
"You wouldn't leave without giving me a proper goodbye would you?" 
It was so hard not being able to give Josh a proper goodbye.  Leaving with a handshake when everyone else go to hug him tore my heart out. 

I will miss him SO much.  We would always have so much fun together and do random things 
marker fight!
  Josh has a special spot in my heart.  He is one of the most Christlike people I know and has a way of making you feel like a million bucks when you are with him.

"Lindsey  darling, I love you more than life itself...Thanks for being so great. Don't change :)"
(My last text from Josh)

I am jealous that the people of Argentina get him for two years, they are so lucky.  I am so proud of him and  I know that Josh will do great things as Elder Skousen.  





No comments:

Post a Comment